034. The People Productivity Equation: Strategic Recruiting and Hiring
Instructor: Kathryn Newton, Ph.D.
Level of Complexity: Foundational/Intermediate
8:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Who Comes Next? Leadership Succession Planning Made Easy
Mary C. Kelly
Leaders leave. It's inevitable. It might even happen today. Are you prepared? Every organization needs a plan for leadership succession, but few leaders know how to start the process. WHO COMES NEXT? solves that problem and easily guides you through the steps of creating and implementing a viable succession plan.
This essential guidebook simplifies the process and gives you the tools you need to build and activate your leadership succession. You’ll find a comprehensive action plan, a library of all the tools needed to develop and sustain your plan, and a resource guide. You’ll learn how to:
- Communicate with customers about the change
- Identify talent gaps in your succession plan
- Decide which succession planning model to adapt
- Find the next generation of leadership within your organization
- Handle the unique emotional complexities of succession in a family-owned business
Whether you are part of a small, family business, a Fortune 500 company, or a non-profit, you need to start now by answering the question: WHO COMES NEXT?