041 Personnel Productivity Improvement : Strategic Recruitment & Onboarding
Presenter: Kathryne Newton, Ph.D.
Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2020
Time: 1:00-4:30 pm
Level of Complexity: Intermediate
Course Description : You will learn how to take a "systems" viewpoint of the organization; learning tools to identify productivity gaps in your firm and working towards a balance for employee activities such as recruiting and hiring great people, onboarding and training, compensation and incentives, performance evaluation and employee development.
- Take a systems approach to productivity using employee-based management
- Strategically plan for the future of your business using the knowledge of changes occurring now in the workforce
- Effectively recruit and hire skills
- Reevaluate and update your hiring practices to avoid turnover
- Use job description and requirements to get the employees you need
- Understand the basics of avoiding discrimination
Kathy is a Professor, Supply Chain and Sales Engineering Technology and Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and Faculty Success, Purdue Polytechnic Institute at Purdue University. She also serves as Advisor for the University of Innovative Distribution Executive Management Conference, appointed September, 2005.
Senthil Gunasekaran, Pradip Krishnadevarajan, F. Barry Lawrence, Ph.D.
Sales and Marketing Optimization: Developing Competitive Value Propositions in Distribution is a first-of-its-kind, best practices study that focuses on aligning customer needs, sales force priorities, and wholesaler-distributor objectives to maximize value creation.