025 Emotional Intelligence for Sales Leadership
Presenter: Colleen Stanley
Date: Monday, March 9, 2020
Time: 1:00-4:30 pm
Level of Complexity: Intermediate
Course Description: It’s time for a new perspective in sales and sales leadership. Research from CSO Insights show that only slightly more than half of sales representatives (53%) are meeting or exceeding their quotas. And this is in spite of salespeople and sales managers having access to more information, education and sales enablement tools than ever before. Learn the strategies to improve your training and coaching skills by understanding and applying emotional intelligence in their sales leadership role.
- Discover the importance of hiring for Sales EQ to avoid culture misfits, turnover and missed sales forecasts
- Learn how improved stress management creates sales cultures of accountability and responsibility. Eliminate victim mentality
- Understand how to uncover invisible barriers holding salespeople back from success
- Improve empathy skills in order to provide coaching and training that can be heard and applied
- Develop emotion management skills and avoid the trigger-response-regret loop
Colleen is president and founder of SalesLeadership a sales development firm. She is the author of Emotional Intelligence For Sales Success, now published in six languages. Her newest book, Emotional Intelligence For Sales Leadership, will be published in May, 2020, by Harper Collins.
If you want to get action, you must become a master of the interaction.
Tactical pre-call planning is vital before sales interactions - and this book provides a practical framework to help you prepare and execute highly effective selling! This is an easy read - that clearly provides significant direction and skill for all sales and sales support professionals who interact daily with customers.